No matter how strong we are, time and again, life brings us to our knees. And we feel like giving up. We feel tired and exhausted. It’s quite common in us humans. Some in those situations give in. Some, however, fight back and come out stronger.
And not only they bounce back, they distil their struggle in few lines, and then they leave those for us, which we use later to press our inner trigger to keep going.
And like everyone, time and again, life brought me to my knees. During those times, I found one line or two, accidentally or while reading something, which kept me going. Below are some of them.
When I felt like giving up!
1. Just find an excuse to win. (Navy Seal Training)
2. No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall, you are never out of the fight. (Markus Luttrell)
3. Frustration is wastage of creativity.
4. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards! (Peter Berg)
When I was stressed!
1. Respect the burden. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
2. The solution is always around you but you’re blinded by the stress. Open your eyes, dude. (by Me)
When I was intimidated by the hardships or a difficult task
1. No sky too high, no sea too rough, no muff too tough. ( Sgt. Patton, Navy Seal )
2. Passion is what you’re willing to suffer for. (Justin Musk)
As a Team Player
1. The less dependent your team is on you, the more powerful you are. (Some CEO)
2. The best way to motivate is constantly reminding someone what all s/he can achieve and how to go about it. (My principle)
Words of wisdom showered on me by my boss during random conversations
1. No matter what hit the targets. This is how we progressed; this is how you can progress; and in general, this is how everyone progresses, Nitin.
2. Roll with whatever you’ve at your hands. You will reach somewhere. Yeah, planning is good, I am not denying. But the execution is cool and you can plan while executing.
3. Agar tu padhega nhi to mai tujhe team nhi dunga. (Read voraciously. Forget about a team under you, otherwise.)
4. If you don’t have a strategy, you’re not going to be at the top.
And this particular one, ahh, this leads to secretion of 3,4-dihydroxyphenethylamine in my prefrontal cortex!
Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.- Ayrton Senna